CAPERNAUM (“Chaos”) tells the story of Zain, a Lebanese boy who sues his parents for the “crime” of giving him life. CAPERNAUM follows Zain, a gutsy streetwise child as he flees his negligent parents, survives through his wits on the streets, takes care of Ethiopian refugee Rahil and her baby son, Yonas, being jailed for a crime, and finally, seeks justice in a courtroom.
Director: Nadine Labaki
- Writers: Nadine Labaki, Jihad Hojeily, Michelle Keserwany
- Actors: Zain Al Rafeea, Yordanos Shiferaw, Boluwatife Treasure Bankole
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 2 hours 1 minute
Director: Michael Engler
Writers: Julian Fellowes
- Actors: Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, Jim Carter, Brendan Coyle, Michelle Dockery, Kevin Doyle, Joanne Froggatt, Matthew Goode, Harry Hadden-Paton, David Haig, Geraldine James, Robert James-Collier, Simon Jones, Allen Leech, Phyllis Logan, Elizabeth McGovern, Sophie McShera, Tuppence Middleton, Stephen Campbell Moore, Lesley Nicol, Kate Phillips, Maggie Smith, Imelda Staunton, Penelope Wilton
In Theatres December 14th, 2018 |© 2018 Gravitas Ventures
Dispatched to a village plagued by a deadly disease, Anna (Natali Yura) and her finace Manuel (Rafael de la Fuente) work tirelessly to relieve the suffering of the villagers. They soon come to learn that the villagers believe the White Witch brought the deadly disease. To save themselves and the village, Anna and Manuel are forced to team up with Victor (Randy Couture, THE EXPENDABLES 3) a cocky treasure hunter, who only wants to find the Lost City of Gold. The trio realize that the White Witch and the Golden City are viciously interconnected and that they must join forces to uncover the Mayan legend of the White Witch to have any hope of surviving. Also starring Chuck Zito, Wil Travel (“Jessica Jones”) and Mindy Robinson.
- Director: Ken Barbet
- Writers: Jason Cominetto, Scott Windhauser
- Actors: Randy Couture, Chuck Zito, Natali Yura, Will Traval, Celeste Thornton, Rafael de la Fuente, Alyona Chekhova, Thom Rivera, Toktam Aboozary
- Genre: Action and Adventure
- Run Time: 1 hour 31 minutes
In Theatres December 13th, 2018 |© 2018 Orion Classics
A married Spanish woman named Bluebird (Laia Costa) attempts to hike the entire Appalachian Trail solo in order to find clarity, but her solitude is interrupted by a young American hiker (Thomas Mann). The pair develop an emotional and romantic connection while traveling together, but Bluebird ultimately must face the trail and her own feelings alone.
- Director: Matthew Brown
- Writers: Matthew Brown
- Actors: Laia Costa, Thomas Mann
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 1 hour 26 minutes
In Theatres December 14th, 2018 |© 2018 Magnolia Pictures
In 1904 an earthquake with a 5.4 magnitude on the Richter scale shook Oslo. Its epicenter was in the Oslo Rift which runs directly through the Norwegian capital. There are recorded quakes from the rift on a daily basis and geologists cannot be sure, but arguments indicate that we can expect major future earthquakes in this area. When – nobody can say for certain – but we know that the density of people and infrastructure in Oslo is significantly more vulnerable today than in 1904. What if a massive earthquake is looming?
- Director: John Andreas Andersen
- Writers: John Kåre Raake, Harald Rosenløw-Eeg
- Actors: Kristoffer Joner, Ane Dahl Torp, Kathrine Thorborg Johansen, Jonas Hoff Oftebro, Edith Haagenrud-Sande
- Genre: Action and Adventure, Thriller, Drama
- Run Time: 1 hour 46 minutes
- Director: Jeff Lipsky
- Writers: Jeff Lipsky
- Actors: Rebecca Schull, Reed Birney, Jill Durso, AJ Cedeno, Julie Fain Lawrence
- Genre: Drama, Family
- Run Time: 2 hours 3 minutes
While Goebbels infamously declared Berlin “free of Jews” in 1943, 1,700 managed to survive in the Nazi capital. Claus Räfle’s gripping docudrama traces the stories of four real-life survivors who learned to hide in plain sight. Moving between cinemas, cafés and safe houses, they dodged Nazi officials and a dense network of spies and informants. Yet their prudence was at odds with their youthful recklessness, prompting them to join the resistance, forge passports, or pose as Aryan war widows. Masterfully weaving these story threads together, The Invisibles is a testament to the resourcefulness, willpower and sheer chance needed to survive against incredible odds.
- Director: Claus Räfle
- Writers: Claus Räfle, Alejandra López
- Actors: Maximilian Mauff, Alice Dwyer, Ruby O. Fee, Aaron Altaras, Florian Lukas, Andreas Schmidt
- Run Time: 1 hour 50 minutes